Assignment 4: Prepare a Sales Presentation (10%) Instructions and Submission
In this assignment you will prepare some material that you will use in a sales presentation. Do not contact any prospects from your list at the moment, that is for your next assignment after you have studied the closing and customer service steps in the sales presentation process—presented in Module 5.
A. Review Feedback from Earlier Assignments
Before beginning this activity, you should review the feedback from your Open Learning Faculty Member on your Integrated Assignment Plan (Assignment 1.2), and on Assignments 2 and 3 to confirm that you have a clear understanding of the nature and quality of work that your Open Learning Faculty Member expects of you.
B. Complete the Assignment
In a report of approximately 1,500 words, plus a ten-slide PowerPoint presentation, document the following:
- Approach Strategies (400 words) (20 marks)
- Create a table or bulleted list for each of the seven different approaches discussed on pages 241 to 246 of your textbook, and apply these approaches to your product/service choice. Include a description of when each approach would be used. It can be a situation or the communication style of your prospect. Then write a brief script (2–3 lines) of what you would say in that situation. (14 marks)
- Prepare three different scripts for the telephone method and three other scripts for email (six in total). For each script, you need to identify which approach you have used. It must be drawn from one of the 7 approaches from your textbook. (6 marks)
- Questions (300 words) (10 marks)
- Prepare at least ten questions that will help you to understand the prospect’s needs and to advance the sale.
- For each question, identify which of the four types of questions they are (survey, probing, confirmation, or need-satisfaction). Be sure to review these questions types from your textbook when matching your questions to the question type. You should use all four types of questions when writing your ten questions.
- Presentation (minimum 10-page PowerPoint presentation, to be submitted in a MS PowerPoint file) (20 marks)
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation that includes the key points you want to make in your sales presentation. Remember that this information will be interspersed with your questions, so carefully consider the order of your presentation.
- Research appropriate resources, and find a presentation style or format with will fit well with your product choice and the selected target audience. There is no “one-size fits all” format. Remember, the slides are used to guide your presentation, not to be read by your audience.
- Include personal notes that you will use when presenting to your prospects. (Click to add notes at the bottom of each slide, or use the Notes Page option under the View tab in PowerPoint).
- Sales Script Outline (800 words) (20 marks)
- Use the personal notes that you have written to draft a point-form outline of a script for your sales presentation.
- Use a table to show the slide number, the purpose of each slide, and what you will say at each slide.
- Anticipate the flow of your presentation (i.e., how your prospect would respond), and write the script in a conversational format. This table should include your questions, some anticipated responses; and when/how you will introduce different questions, comments, and the PowerPoint slides..
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."