Operations management assignment
USE ANY OF THIS COMPANIES
Caplin and Notion
Break even point
Equality/ sept RAN
Use of Wikipedia is not allowed for the assignment
The assessment for this module comprises of:
Individual 4,000 word report (100%) submitted electronically via Turnitin by 1pm on 3rd May 2022.
In accordance with the University’s Digital Assessment Policy and Online Similarity Checking Policy all standard academic summative submissions of coursework, i.e. those that are primarily text-based and contribute towards a final named GCU award at SCQF Level 9 (Bachelors / Ordinary degree) or above, will be submitted online through Turnitin.
Support and guidance in understanding and interpreting a Turnitin originality report from induction onwards, can be accessed through PLATO, the online plagiarism tutorial http://plato.gcal.ac.uk/
Where plagiarism is detected this will be dealt with under the Code of Student Conduct
Select an organisation and provide a review of its operations using a wide range of sources. It is anticipated that you will cover the following areas:
- Use a range of qualitative and quantitative tools as appropriate to evaluate an organisation’s operational effectiveness which includes its processes and a review of its financial position.
- Critically evaluate the different tools and data sources in terms of their reliability and appropriateness, justifying which ones you have used in your review.
Students are expected to demonstrate up-to-date research on the subject, and apply examples to demonstrate your understanding of that subject. It is also important that you do not rely solely on company literature for applied examples as this is likely to put forward a view of the world that suits company management.
(1) A ‘critical assessment’ requires you to analyse the topic in terms of both benefits and challenges associated with the topic. Therefore, your assessment should encompass several arguments and/or perspectives.
(2) You should undertake a keyword academic literature search and aim for a ‘balanced approach’ to your writing. The evidence must come from findings which have been published in academic literature or sourced through available organisational / body documentation, with complete reference details given (using the Harvard referencing system) within the reference page. You cannot rely on anecdotal evidence.
(3) You may also wish to discuss any possible challenges the organisation may face in implementing your recommendations. Again, arguments should be based on findings conveyed in secondary literature in terms of challenges encountered, lessons learned and benefits gained.
(4) You need to reflect on weaknesses in the evidence reviewed and identify any research gaps in the literature which highlights the opportunity for further research or lead to recommendations for the organisation.
(5) Remember that you must structure your submission in accordance with reporting conventions.
1. Executive Summary/Abstract (5%)
A concise but well-rounded summary which provides an overview of the report contents and key findings (this is not an introduction). It should be between ½ – 1page in length.
2. Introduction (5%)
Provide an interesting start to the report and clearly state the purpose. Your introduction should conclude by outlining the scope of the report.
3. Evaluate organisation (50%)
Evaluate your chosen organisation’s operational effectiveness across a range of dimensions including financial and processes. You need to link this to theories i.e. the literature, to compare what your organisation is doing to the theories. Make sure you use a range of sources and do not rely on company literature.
4. Assess tools and data sources (20%)
Explain why you selected the tools to use and your data sources plus their advantages and disadvantages based on the literature..
5. Conclusions (10%)
Summarise and highlight the key points from the whole report and include a summary of your recommendations.
6. Referencing (5%)
The use of consistent and coherent citation and referencing style (Harvard is the recommended style).
7. Report Presentation (5%)
Marks will be awarded for the report structure, general layout, the use of language, etc.
Word length – 4,000 words (+/- 10%) (excluding reference list, Executive summary & appendices).
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."