Where can you find evidence to inform your thoughts and scholarly writing? Throughout your degree program, you will use research literature to explore ideas, guide your thinking, and gain new insights. As you search the research literature, it is important to use resources that are peer-reviewed and from scholarly journals. You may already have some favorite online resources and databases that you use or have found useful in the past. For this Discussion, you explore databases available through the Walden Library.
- Review the information presented in the Learning Resources for using the Walden Library, searching the databases, and evaluating online resources.
- Begin searching for a peer-reviewed article that pertains to your practice area and interests you.
Post the following
Using proper APA formatting, cite the peer-reviewed article you selected that pertains to your practice area and is of particular interest to you and identify the database that you used to search for the article. Explain any difficulties you experienced while searching for this article. Would this database be useful to your colleagues? Explain why or why not. Would you recommend this database? Explain why or why not.
- Al-Jundi, A., & Sakka, S. (2017). Critical appraisal of clinical researchLinks to an external site.. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research: JCDR, 11(5), JE01?JE05. https://doi.org/10.7860/JCDR/2017/26047.9942
- Shellenbarger, T. (2016). Simplifying synthesisLinks to an external site.. Nurse Author & Editor, 26(3). Retrieved from http://naepub.com/reporting-research/2016-26-3-3/
- Walden University Library. (n.d.). Databases A-Z: NursingLinks to an external site.. Retrieved October 4, 2019 from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/az.php?s=19981
- Walden University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating resources: JournalsLinks to an external site.. Retrieved October 4, 2019, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/evaluating/resource-types/journals
- Walden University Library. (n.d.). Instructional media: Fundamentals of library researchLinks to an external site.. Retrieved October 4, 2019 from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/instructionalmedia/researchfundamentals
- Walden University Writing CenterLinks to an external site.. (n.d.). Retrieved November 14, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/home
- Walden University Writing Center. (n.d.). Common assignments: Synthesizing your sourcesLinks to an external site.. https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/assignments/literaturereview/synthesizing
- Walden University Writing Center. (n.d.). Scholarly writing: OverviewLinks to an external site.. Retrieved November 14, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/scholarly
- Walden University Writing Center. (n.d.). Webinars: Technical informationLinks to an external site.. Retrieved November 14, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/webinars/technical
- Document: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template Download Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template(Word document)
- Document: Introduction to Scholarly Writing: Tips for success Download Introduction to Scholarly Writing: Tips for success(PDF)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."