By now you know that administrative responsibilities in health care facilities are managed by professionals who oversee medical facility processes, have in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, and have a thorough understanding of the complexities involved in patient care. Drawing upon what you have learned in this course, imagine you have been invited to an annual meeting for a large national health care company. You have been asked to speak to a group of managers and directors about the strategic role of health care administrators and must prepare a comprehensive overview of the political, legal, and ethical aspects of the health care administrator’s role.
For this assignment, create a professional, narrated presentation focused on the political, legal, and ethical aspects of the health care administrator’s role. Your target audiences are professionals in the industry who do not have a thorough understanding of your work.
Create a PowerPoint (or Prezi) and record the presentation using Kaltura. Follow the content outline below and use speaker notes to cover the required topics listed here:
- Provide an overview of the political, legal, and ethical aspects specific to the health care administrator’s role (2-3 slides).
- Summarize how the different aspects you identified above overlap and interface (1-2 slides).
- Provide three examples of the duties and responsibilities involved in health care administration, such as risk management, policy, and procedure, regulatory compliance, ethics board, compliance officer, et cetera (2-3 slides).
- List two types of jobs or titles often found in health care delivery settings that are focused on risk management and regulatory compliance; including a review of the importance and benefits of these functions within the health care system (1-2 slides).
- Summarize how the political, legal, and ethical issues affect patients and staff including the patient benefits (2-3 slides).
- Summarize how the political, legal, and ethical issues affect the financial and business operations of a health care facility (2-3 slides).
- Summarize the health care administrator’s role in regard to political, legal, and ethical issues related to an issue such as a data breach, a HIPAA or EMTALA violation, et cetera. Review the implications of this function if mishandled (2-3 slides).
Note: The presentation should not exceed 15 slides (with speaker notes), including a title slide and reference slide.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."