Data Mining Best Practices[WLO: 1] [CLO: 4]Watch this video featuring Dr. Kevin Kuznia, Academic Department
Data Mining Best Practices
[WLO: 1] [CLO: 4]
Watch this video featuring Dr. Kevin Kuznia, Academic Department Chair.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapter 21 of your textbook.
In this assignment, you will analyze current data mining practices and evaluate the pros and cons of data mining. Provide one example of a company that has successfully practiced data mining and discuss why they were successful. Then, research a company that experienced a failed data mining practice. What data mining best practices could they have implemented to avoid this failure?
In your paper,
- Discuss the industry standards for data mining best practices.
- Identify pitfalls in data mining, including practices that should be avoided.
- Provide an example of company that has successfully practiced data mining. What steps and precautions did they take to ensure the success of their data mining endeavor? How did they keep customer data safe?
- In a second example, research a company that experienced a failed data mining experience. What pitfalls did the organization fall into? What would you have done differently?
The Data Mining Best Practices paper
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Centers APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site. resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Students name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. as well as Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Centers APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Waypoint Assignment Submission
The assignments in this course will be submitted to Waypoint. Please refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
- Click on the Assignment Submission button below. The Waypoint “Student Dashboard” will open in a new browser window.
- Browse for your assignment.
- Click Upload.
- Confirm that your assignment was successfully submitted by viewing the appropriate week’s assignment tab in Waypoint.
For more detailed instructions, refer to the Waypoint TutorialLinks to an external site..
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."