Q1Gaps in memory, which are common, may be filled in by logic, guessing, or new
Gaps in memory, which are common, may be filled in by logic, guessing, or new information (Schacter, 2012). The result is often the storage of new long-term memories as older memories might be revised or even lost (Baddeley, Eysenck, & Anderson, 2009). What we remember depends on what we pay attention to, what we regard as meaningful or important, how we elaborate our memory, and what we feel strongly about. After reading Chapter 7, consider the concept of false memories.
1. Define false memories.
2. Discuss the research on false memories.
3. After watching the Elizabeth Loftis TedTalks video how has your opinion of memory changed?
Which type of bias do you recognize in your own decision making processes? How has this bias affected how youve made decisions in the past and how can you use your awareness of it to improve your decisions making skills in the future?
To better understand personality, trait theorists attempt to analyze, classify, and interrelate traits. After reading Chapter 11, consider your personality traits.
1. List six traits that best describe your personality.
2. Decide and explain which system of traits seems to best match your list, Allports, Cattells, or the Big Five?
3. Choose a prominent trait from your list.
1. Does its expression seem to be influenced by specific situations?
2. Do you think that heredity contributed to the trait?
Most students adamantly state that they would never have turned up the voltage in the Milligram experiment. Do you think you would have refused to shock the learner? Looking at your own past behavior, what evidence suggests that you would go along with the order to increase the voltage?
*Remember to use APA formatting, in-text, full reference citations. Feel free to express personal feelings/views/opinions, but also remember to use an academic voice when writing your post and responses.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."