Assignment 1 & DB
HR Knowledge 3: Training and Development
Thoroughly review the following video:
Based on your review, please respond to the following:
The CEO has approved funding for your project to create a training and development system for the organization. She now wants you to explain your process on how you will create training programs for the new system and why your process will add value to the company. NOTE: You are addressing a CEO and not regular employees so keep your response both strategic and high level.
Strategy, Planning, and Selection
Assume for this assignment that you are being highly considered for a director-level HR management position for a best-in-class national retailer. You are in the final phase of the interview process and must respond to the interview panel regarding specific questions and scenarios that will help them determine if you are a good fit for the new role. The company’s culture is centered on the effective development of strategy, plans, and selection criteria aimed at building and sustaining a competitive and profitable organization. It will be extremely important that you respond with a strategic mindset in order to convince the organization you are able to help them ensure the execution of the business strategy.
NOTE: It is highly recommended to use the instructions below rather than those in the course guide.
- Analyze and discuss different types of strategies (cost leadership, differentiation, and focus or niche) then select which one you would deem more appropriate for an “efficiency-minded” retail organization and explain your rationale. Also, how would the selected strategy ultimately affect how HR does its job?
- Examine the four approaches to job design or redesign (those discussed in textbook) and provide an example (not just a definition) of each. Then, make a case to the interviewing panel on the importance of effective job design applications in supporting the overall strategic goals of the organization.
- Consider challenges and constraints associated with recruiting workers (see textbook examples) and identify and discuss at least two issues. What advice would you give to ease (or fix) your selected issues? Be specific.
- Review exhibit 6-1 on page 188 of the textbook. Other than the elements seen in the selection process, list and describe 2–3 additional candidate selection process ideas that might add value and overall effectiveness to the process. Example: 5 Tips for Designing an Effective Employee Selection System. Also, what problems should HR and management teams avoid during the selection process?
- Use at least four quality academic sources in this assignment. Note: To prevent using non-quality sources it is HIGHLY recommended to use the sources listed in the course resources section and others from the library. Use of the textbook is required.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards, APA 6, or APA 7 at the student’s discretion. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Use the Strayer University Library to locate additional sources to support your work. The specific course outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine strategies for providing effective human resource management within an organization, including how to support competitive advantage, approaches to job design and redesign, and recruitment and selection.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."